Top 20 Places to Volunteer in Cincinnati
Welcome to POINT’s guide to the best places to volunteer in Cincinnati—your resource for getting involved and supporting the Queen City community!
We all have things we care about, whether it’s community health, the environment, equality, poverty, arts & culture, or something else. It can be discouraging to see things you want to help, but not know how. Well, we’re here to help POINT you in the right direction!😉
Find volunteering events in Cincinnati for causes you care about on POINT.
If there’s a local nonprofit organization you’d like to see on POINT, invite them here! POINT is the easiest way for Cincinnati charities to find and manage volunteers.
Volunteer in Cincinnati for community health initiatives
- Legacies Upscale Resale offers gently used top quality furniture, home accessories, jewelry, and art at discount and it supports an amazing cause. All proceeds from Legacies benefit the Cancer Support Community of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, which provides free support services to patients and their families.
So if you have retail or customer service experience, your skills would be perfect here! If you don’t, but have a heart for this cause, then this is also perfect for you!
- Greater Miami Valley YMCA Youth Miracle League is a youth baseball league designed specifically for individuals with disabilities.
Sports stars, this one’s for you! They have opportunities for volunteers to coach, referee, or be a buddy (buddies play alongside the players throughout the game and provide support and encouragement).
- Queen City Hospice’s mission is to provide the best hospice care in Cincinnati, Ohio. They focus not only on maintaining comfort and dignity for hospice patients but also on educating patients and families on what to expect during end-of-life changes.
They need people to help as patient visitors, office assistants, and to help with their legacy program which is really great—you’d assist patients and families in creating a keepsake photo book!
- The American Lung Association leads the fight for healthy lungs! They are the trusted source in all things lung health: education, lung disease research, support, programs, services, and advocacy aaaand they need help with all of it!
Take a deep breath in, now breathe out, repeat. Ok, ready to do some good? Find one of their events on POINT, and just tap “Go”.
Volunteer in Cincinnati for environmental conservation and sustainability
- Western Wildlife Corridor aims to protect the beauty and natural resources of the Ohio River Valley through direct protection and the promotion of responsible land use.
They work to remove the invasive species that are threatening our native plants and they also have mid-week environmental restoration hikes! Good for your health and the planet💁🏽♀️🌎
- Hamilton Urban Garden System (HUGS) grows, processes, and distributes organic locally grown food to the Butler County area, as well as educates the community on the health benefits of a sustainable local food system.
They want to make it so everyone has access to locally grown food. You’ll feel all warm and happy (like you’ve just been HUGged) after gardening with them!
- Findlay Market is Ohio’s oldest continuously operated public market. They support local farmers and artisans by providing a space where they can market their goods and they offer the community a lively destination to shop, hang out and drink!
We loooove Findlay Market! If you want to be a part of the action, they need volunteers for various projects including events, fundraisers, and tours. Sign up on POINT!
- Gorman Heritage Farm is a 122-acre nonprofit, working farm with a mission to educate about agriculture, nutrition, sustainability, and the environment.
There are so many options for our nature-loving volunteers—from gardening, to photography, to animal care, to beekeeping. #savethebees🐝 We’re here for it.
Volunteer in Cincinnati to support education
- Mentoring Plus provides mentorship and support in order to empower at-risk teens and their families.
If you want to make a huge difference in someone’s life and you can make a commitment to 2-3 hours a week then becoming a Mentor might be for you! If you have commitment issues (kidding!) or don’t have time to help every week, they have additional volunteer opportunities. Find what works for you and sign up on POINT.
- Cincinnati Reds Community Fund is dedicated to improving the lives of kids through the sports of baseball and softball. For our sports lovers, this your chance to share your love of sports with awesome kids!
You can do everything from coach stations, to being a part of coaching a team, to helping with the 50/50 raffle at Reds 81 home games. ⚾️
- Girls on the Run Cincinnati uses running to show girls that they are good and strong and that they can do anything they set their mind to.
If you’re all about that girl power (YAAAS) they need coaches, 5K support volunteers, and they even have an opportunity where you can help out with community awareness! 🏃🏻♀️
Volunteer in Cincinnati for equality
- Ken Anderson Alliance supports and advocates for people with developmental disabilities. They have an amazing program called PLAY: social experiences designed by adults with disabilities for adults with disabilities. It includes small group outings like bowling, sporting events, restaurant dinner/trivia, walks in the park, and more.
And that’s where you come in! You can be a part of these outings and get in on the fun while supporting incredible people.
- 1N5’s goal is to stop the stigma and start conversations around mental health through education and awareness. They aim to make a difference in how we talk about mental health by informing people and normalizing conversation. Because we should be able to talk about this stuff.
So if you are also super passionate about this, they have a bunch of ways you can get involved: you can share your story, volunteer at an event, and more! Just sign up on POINT!
- LifeSpan, Inc. offers a ton of programs and resources for our community—regardless of age or ability.
You can get involved by becoming an Elder Victim Advocate and support the elderly by giving them the information they need to stay healthy and safe. Or, you can help out as a Friendly Visitor and build an amazing friendship with someone that has a developmental disorder. We all can use more friends!
Volunteer in Cincinnati to help people in poverty
- New Life Mission works to build people in Hamilton up and out of poverty. They provide food, support, and hope for those struggling financially. They have opportunities at the food pantry, a community cafe, and more.
If you care about making sure everyone has what they need to make ends meet, this is for you. Sign up to get involved on POINT!
- CincySmiles Foundation provides free or discounted dental services and education to impoverished people in the Cincinnati area. They have a dental road crew that actually goes around to schools, rehabilitation centers, juvenile detention centers, and other social service agencies to provide dental services.
Wayyyy cool. You’ll be smiling from ear to ear when you help them out!😁
- Co-op Cincy aims to create an economy in Cincy that works for all. They work to create family-sustaining jobs and provide business ownership opportunities for underserved and marginalized people.
You can find the best volunteer opportunities for the co-op based on your skills and preferences on POINT.
- La Soupe is eliminating food waste by rescuing it and preparing it for the food insecure in Cincinnati. They’re not only helping people to get amazing meals, but they’re also helping our environment. So you get two for one causes when you volunteer with La Soupe!
For our master chefs, you can be a Crockpot Teacher and teach high school students how to cook. Not your cup of tea? You can also be a food runner or rescuer, or help in the kitchen.
Volunteer in Cincinnati for arts and culture
- Madcap Puppets and Education Center uses puppets, acting, and music to engage diverse audiences with performances that educate and celebrate.
If you can still sing all of the lyrics to the hit classic “Elmo’s World” (la la la la x2) or if you’re a fan of the theatre, this is your chance to get involved! They have all kinds of opportunities—from being an usher to building puppets.
- Greater Cincinnati World Affairs Council connects Cincinnati with the WORLD! They have events and programs that bring cultural awareness, global perspective, and international education to our community. They really get you to think outside of your little bubble.
For our travel bloggers, jet setters, or map quiz pros, WAC has some pretty cool ways for you to get involved, including being an ambassador. You can host a dinner, host a visitor for a weekend, be a local guide and more!🌍✈️
If there’s a cause you care about, you can find a way to volunteer on POINT!
🧡 THE POINT TEAM 🧡