Why and How to Support Nonprofits this Giving Season
This Thanksgiving we’re reflecting on how thankful we are to support nonprofits across the country 🧡 Nonprofit leaders are an integral part of our communities. They step up to meet needs, get creative with resourcing, and do more good.
This post is going live on Giving Tuesday, a huuuge fundraising day for nonprofits. With that in mind, we outlined some ways to support nonprofits this giving season.
We are so grateful to be empowering thousands of nonprofits and hundreds of thousands of volunteers to do more good 🧡 Thank you thank you to all of the people (read: women) who invest their time, effort, skills, and energy into building up our communities!
Support nonprofits through volunteering 🧡
If you are someone who is passionate about making a positive impact in your community, consider getting involved with local nonprofits! You can create a free POINT volunteer account and explore available volunteer opportunities in your community and sign up instantly.
There are so many reasons why it’s important to volunteer. And there are so many benefits to volunteers! For example, volunteering helps people expand their networks, improves their health and wellbeing, and teaches them new transferrable skills.
👇 Here are just a few reasons why and how to support nonprofits this season
Work for a company that has a giving team or corporate volunteer days? See how POINT for companies can help you reach your CSR goals and curate strategic nonprofit partnerships.
You’re supporting small, community-led nonprofits
Most nonprofits stem from people in a community recognizing a local need and taking action to meet it. In fact, 92% of nonprofits are small, local organizations that have budgets of under $1M annually.
By supporting local organizations, you make a tangible impact on the community around you.
There are a lot of needs that have become hypervisible with social media. It can feel overwhelming sometimes. But taking action in your community empowers you to create an impact that ripples out.
Local nonprofits are often running with small teams and loooots to do. Volunteering and/or donating helps them have the peoplepower and resources they need to do more good. Great tech also helps 😉
Support local nonprofits with the resources they need
You can lend support in so many ways. Nonprofits need peoplepower to help them directly serve your neighbors, but they also need funding, skilled volunteers and top-notch tech. You can find new nonprofits to volunteer with on the free POINT app.
You can volunteer more than just your time! If you’re skilled in a niche area, ask local nonprofits if you can support them with your expertise. Great examples of this would be:
- 🎨 Graphic design: So many nonprofits could benefit from having someone give a few hours a month to create some eye-catching materials on Canva. Or from a logo or branding refresh!
- ✍️ Writing: If you are great with words, offer writing support. Many nonprofits could use help with blogs, newsletters, social media, and even grantwriting!
- 📈 Advertising: Most nonprofits don’t take advantage of Google ad grants because they don’t know where to start. If you work in advertising, help local nonprofits gain greater visibility!
- 🧑⚖️ Legal/Policy: If you have a background in legal or policy work, help nonprofits create an advocacy program. This can engage more types of volunteers, and help create larger-scale impact.
- And more! What are your unique skills that you can contribute or professional services you can volunteer pro-bono?
How to find and support nonprofits for the holidays
The holidays are coming up and it’s a great time of year to come together and be generous with your community. But how do you find new local nonprofits to support?
POINT makes it super easy to find nonprofits with our in-app directory. You can read more about organizations on their profile, and volunteer and donate right in the app.
Ideas for how to to get involved with nonprofits this season
- 💸 See if your employer has a donation matching program. Lots of companies want to make year-end donations, so take advantage of that to double your impact!
- 👋 Get a few friends together and sign up to volunteer! We highly recommend making a day of it. Volunteer, then grab lunch or coffee together!
- 📣 Amplify nonprofit support with peer to peer fundraising. Share about your experience with friends and family, why you care and the impact it has, and how they can donate to the org.
👀 Are you a nonprofit looking for better volunteer management tech? Learn more about how we streamline volunteering + donations on POINT with integrations for the tools you already use.
Nonprofits (read: women) work hard to care for our communities
Women and people of color consistently rely on nonprofit structures to make powerful positive change in their communities. We at POINT are pretty freakin’ passionate about making sure they have the tools—and the peoplepower—they need to achieve their goals.
YOU can help care for the women leaders who drive positive momentum by sharing POINT. Our tools save nonprofits time and sanity while helping them do more good.
Nonprofits have been left behind when it comes to tech. But with the right tech tools in place, nonprofit leaders can be more efficient with their time and resources.
Give nonprofits the gift of a brand-new toolbox this season.
POINT’s core volunteer management features are always free for 501(c)3 nonprofits. Our free features have everything nonprofits need to recruit, manage, engage, and report on their volunteer programs! And the Pro features (like background checks and document storage) are super affordable.
If you or someone you know works for a nonprofit, share POINT with them. In an era where women are burning out at high rates, the right tools can be incredibly supportive. They can save time, reduce overwhelm, and level up your systems to ensure you’re getting the results you want.
So let’s recap how you can support nonprofits this holiday season:
💁♀️Volunteer: Use POINT to find new nonprofits to volunteer with.
- Invite your friends
- Organize a volunteer day with your company
- Ask nonprofits how you can volunteer your unique skills
💵 Donate: You can donate on an organization’s POINT page, and share their page on socials to encourage friends and family to give!
- Share giving campaigns on Giving Tuesday
- Ask your employer to match your donation
- Launch a peer to peer fundraising campaign
📍Get local: While national nonprofits have name recognition and can more readily recruit volunteers, local nonprofits need support too.
- Use POINT’s nonprofit directory in the app to find orgs
- Give small nonprofits the peoplepower they need
🎁 Gift POINT: Share with small local nonprofits you know of that they can get access to a suite of volunteer management features for free!
- Share about POINT on your social networks
- Invite a nonprofit to POINT (scroll down and click the button!)
Thank you SO MUCH to the hundreds of thousands of volunteers who use POINT to support thousands of local nonprofits. We see you, we love you, and we’re grateful you’re here 🧡
🧡 what you just read? Be sure to subscribe to the Good POINT Blog using the form below👇 or share our post with your colleagues! Are you curious how POINT can level up your volunteer program? Book a free, live demo with our team!