POINT Authorized Use Policy
This Authorized Use Policy (AUP) establishes guidelines for the acceptable use of POINT Technologies’ Platforms, which includes, but is not limited to, the website (pointapp.org), mobile applications, and the POINT dashboard. Any individual or entity accessing or using our Platforms agrees to comply with this AUP.
- Comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data, privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies.
- Handle data responsibly, especially if privy to proprietary or confidential information, ensuring all necessary rights under law and under contractual and fiduciary relationships.
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to the Platforms.
- Comply with organization account specific “Compliance Criteria” outlined in account creation. Organizations must agree to use the Platforms for community impact purposes; not for business, marketing, membership, proselytizing, or support of political campaigns, political candidates, or legislative purposes.
- All content shared or uploaded by users must respect the rights of others and not infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
Prohibited Activities for Users
- Users may not engage in any activity that compromises the security, performance, or integrity of the Platforms.
- Distribute malicious software or viruses.
- Unauthorized access or breaches of any security measures.
- Misrepresentation, including spoofing, phishing, or impersonating another user.
- Reverse engineer, copy, or attempt to build competitive services based on our Platforms.
- Engage in activities that incite or promote violence, discrimination, or hatred.
- Use of the Platforms to distribute unsolicited promotional or advertising material.
- Unauthorized creation of bulk accounts or data scraping.
- Access the platform for the benefit of patent assertion entities.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an employee of ours, an “Administrator”, an “Owner”, or any other Authorized User, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, organization or entity;
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account information, including username and password. Sharing or providing access to one’s account to another person is prohibited.
- Users are accountable for all activities conducted through their account and should monitor their own activity to ensure it adheres to the AUP.
- Users must promptly report any suspicious or unauthorized activities to POINT Technologies.
Compliance with Laws
- Users must not use the Platforms in any way that violates applicable federal, state, local, or international laws or regulations.
Consequences of Violations
- POINT Technologies reserves the right to investigate violations of this AUP, which may involve reviewing content, material, or other information.
- POINT Technologies may remove or block access to content or material deemed in violation of this AUP. Cooperation with law enforcement might be initiated in case of serious breaches or illegal activities.
- Repeated violations may result in suspension or termination of a user’s account or access to the Platforms.
Updates to this AUP
- POINT Technologies may periodically revise this AUP. When significant changes are made, users will be notified via email or through notifications within the Platforms.
- Continuation of use of the Platforms after any changes means the user accepts and agrees to the revised AUP.
For any questions, concerns, or reports related to this Authorized Use Policy, users can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address below:
Thank you for respecting this Authorized Use Policy and helping maintain a safe and positive experience for the entire POINT community.