1. Collection of Information
Summary: POINT collects information that you directly provide to us (name, email, age, address, phone number, and gender), information we automatically collect based on how you download and use POINT, and information from secondary sources (e.g. social media, ) with your permission.
- 1.1 Information You Provide to Us. When you use our Platform, you provide information to POINT such as name, email address, location, payment information, photos, and other information. By giving us your information, you allow POINT and organizations you have signed up to volunteer with to run background checks, add your contact information to a volunteer database, and/or take other actions.
- 1.2 Information We Automatically Collect. When you download and use our Platform, POINT automatically collects log-in information (e.g., type of browser, pages viewed, IP address), device information (e.g., type of mobile device used to download the app, operating system, mobile network information), geographic information, and information collected by other technology. We may also collect other information with your permission, such as photos from your camera roll or calendar information if you wish to integrate volunteer events with your calendar.
- 1.3 Information From Secondary Sources. We may collect information about you from other secondary sources with your permission, such as information on your social media accounts (if you choose to link your social media accounts to POINT) or information listed via calendar invitations such as email address and/or phone number.
2. Utilization of Information
Summary: POINT will use the information collected above to improve how our Platform operates and how our Platform communicates with you to respond to questions and concerns.
- 2.1 Operating our Platform. POINT will use the information collected above to improve how our Platform operates. For instance, we will use the information to personalize your POINT experience and to monitor and analyze trends across the POINT platform broadly to develop new products and features. We will also use this information to detect and investigate fraudulent activities and other abusive behavior to ensure the safety of the POINT community.
- 2.2 Communicating with You. POINT may use the information collected above to improve our customer service as we respond to your comments, questions, and requests. We will also use the information to better tailor our communications about products, features, events, technical notices, security alerts, payment notices, and administrative messages.
3. Sharing of Information
Summary: POINT may share information with others within the POINT platform and external to POINT, based on your preferences.
- 3.1 Within the POINT Platform. We share some of the information we collect by displaying it on our Platform. Some information, such as user name, user photo and preferred volunteering location, is public. We share your information with the charities you have chosen to volunteer with through our Platform.
- 3.2 With POINT’s Service Providers. POINT may use service providers to operate and improve our Platform. For instance, POINT may use secondary service providers to enable payment processing, conduct background checks, and host data. We make our best effort to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store this data for only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- 3.4 Social Media and Other Third-Party Services. POINT may offer features that integrate with third-party services such as social media. These features may allow you to share information publicly, depending on your preferred setting. The use of this information is dependent on the privacy policies of the third-party service, and we have no control on how they use their data. For information about this, please refer to the privacy policies of your third-party services.
- 3.5 Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If POINT or its Platforms are involved in a merger, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may share information about you with future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- 3.6 Other Situations. POINT may share aggregated and/or de-identified (anonymous) information. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
4. Additional Details
Summary: POINT collects information about how and where you use the app in order to improve our functionality and keep your information secure.
- 4.2 Account Information. You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to POINT by editing your account settings. You may also deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to email@example.com. POINT may retain certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- 4.3 Geographic Information. When you first access the Platform, you may be asked to consent to our collection of geographic information. You may opt out of this, but you may not be able to use our mobile application because some features will not work.
- 4.4 Security. We employ measures designed to protect information about you. For example, we use a secure protocol designed to protect the transmission of your information. However, no method of transmission over the internet is completely secure.