How can I check in my volunteers?
It is really important to check in your volunteers for POINT. Even if you don’t have the dashboard subscription (which is AWESOME, want to learn more? Check out the added features here), many schools, companies, and clubs track hours of their members. If you don’t check in a volunteer, they will be counted as a no-show.
Here’s how to make this happen:
At the beginning of your event, after the event has completed, or within 48 hours, navigate to “Events” > “Volunteers”.
- Click the green “Check In” box next to their name when they arrive.
- If someone came early or left late, you can also edit the hours by clicking the little pencil next to their shift.
- If a volunteer isn’t checked in within 48 hours, they’re marked as “No Show”. “No Show” ratings are shown on their volunteer profile, your stats page, and on the stats page of a volunteer’s business or school (if applicable).
- The “Dismiss” vs. “No Show” is up to you and how you want to use it – most volunteer coordinators mark “Dismiss” when a volunteer clearly communicated their intentions.
- Co-hosting an event? Either organization can check-in volunteers.
Remember – even if you are not using POINT to track hours, you must check volunteers in and out. Schools, businesses, and clubs use POINT to track hours and many volunteers use the POINT app to keep track of their own hours as well.