How do I post an event on POINT?
Okay. You’ve done the smartest thing you can do to find, manage, and engage with your volunteers: You’ve signed your charity up for POINT. Now what? Post an event!
PS: You can see how volunteers will interact with you on the app and sign up for events here.
1. Navigate to the “Events” tab and click “Create Event”
2. Fill in all the pertinent information. The event form is pretty similar to what you’d find on Facebook or EventBrite, but note a few key features:
- Make sure you add information about parking and what door to enter in the “What should volunteers know about the location?” section.
- Choosing Causes: Volunteers find events based on what causes they follow on the app. Feel free to choose a couple different causes that best represent your volunteer event!
- What will volunteers do? Make sure you make your description includes all possible duties. If you will be giving your volunteers food, coffee, or a tee shirt – put that here!
- You have the option to mark your event as needing any of the following: a background check, signed form, or any training.
3. Hit “publish” and your event will show up on the app! (Hint: It will show up on the app once we have verified that you’re a real charity and not some creepy person posting from your basement. You’ll know you’re legit when the red “not verified” under your name in the upper left hand corner goes away.)
4. If this is an event that happens often, make it a template by checking the box that says “Make Event a Template”. This way, you don’t have to keep typing in the same information every time. Just navigate to “event templates” and change the dates and times, then hit “publish”.
5. You can monitor who has signed up for your event by navigating to “Events” > clicking your event > “Volunteers”.
6. Make sure you check in your volunteers when they arrive, so POINT tracks their hours for you, them, or even their school! Learn more about that here.
7. If you have any questions or comments, be sure to use the chat box in the lower right hand corner. This goes straight to the POINT CEO’s phone. Forreal – she can answer anything and everything.