How do I post an event on POINT?
Okay. You’ve done the smartest thing you can do to find, manage, and engage with your volunteers: You’ve signed your organization up for POINT. Now what? Post an event!
PS: You can see how volunteers will interact with you on the app and sign up for events here.
Check out the gif here and step by step instructions below:
1. Navigate to the “Events” tab and click “Create Event”
2. Fill in all the pertinent information. The event form is pretty similar to what you’d find on Facebook or Eventbrite, but note a few key features:
- Make sure you add information about parking and what door to enter in the “What should volunteers know about the location?” section.
- Choosing Causes: Volunteers find events based on what causes they follow on the app. Feel free to choose a couple different causes that best represent your volunteer event!
- What will volunteers do? Make sure you make your description includes all possible duties. If you will be giving your volunteers food, coffee, or a tee shirt – put that here!
- You have the option to mark your event as needing any of the following: a background check, signed form, or any training.
3. Choose if you want the event to be public (anyone on POINT can jump in and help out!) or private to a specific group (for example, Background-Checked volunteers, Board of Directors, or Tuesday Night Volunteers). Learn more about groups here.
POINTer: only nonprofits can post public events. Are you a business, school, or church that wants to host a public event? Learn about how to co-host with a nonprofit here.
4. Hit “publish” and your event will show up on the app! Make sure to share your event on social media, in email newsletters, or on your website. Just click “Share” to get the public link.
4. If this is an event that happens often, make it a template by checking the box that says “Make Event a Template”. This way, you don’t have to keep typing in the same information every time. Just navigate to “event templates” and change the dates and times, then hit “publish”.
5. You can monitor who has signed up for your event by navigating to “Events” > clicking your event > “Volunteers”.
6. Make sure you check in your volunteers when they arrive, so POINT tracks their hours for you, them, or even their school!
7. If you have any questions or comments, be sure to use the chat box in the lower right hand corner. This goes straight to the POINT CEO’s phone. Forreal – she can answer anything and everything.