How can I share my event on social media?
From the dashboard:
1. Once your event has been published (Hint: You cannot share an event until it is published on the POINT app), you can navigate to “Events”, click on your event, and then the “Share” button.
2. A link will pop up that you can copy and paste into any social media. Or use the buttons to connect you straight to Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
3. When you paste the link into your status bar, your followers will be able to view details, download the app, and sign up!
From the app:
- Click on the event and click the little “Share” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Either copy the link or share it right to your favorite social media!
Okay – but why should I share my event on social media?
POINT only tracks the volunteer hours or users with a POINT account. When you post to Facebook, people who already like your page will be more likely to download the app, meaning you have more volunteers that POINT manages for you! To track your volunteer hours on the POINT dashboard, your volunteers must have a POINT account.
When your volunteers sign up through POINT, the app sends push notification reminders to your volunteers 1 week, 48 hours, and 2 hours before the event. We bug them so you don’t have to!
We all know that email communications can be very ineffective – using POINT is a better way to engage with your volunteers. People are always on their phone anyway – meet them where they’re at!